Like fine wine, soy candles get better with age. We recommend allowing 2 weeks or more of additional curing time for increased scent throw. Soy is also a softer wax than the commercial paraffin products. Please keep your candles away from heat higher than 75-80 degrees to avoid melting and displacement of the wick. Colored wax exposed to direct sunlight for a prolonged period of time will fade, yellow and or cause frosting. Additives have not been included to preserve color or hardness, in efforts to reduce toxic fumes and avoid aggravating pets and those with breathing conditions. All candles are paraffin free.
Lighting Your Candle
Before enjoying your candle, please make sure to trim all wicks down to 1/4 or 1/8 inch before lighting each time. Scissors will do the job, however we recommend a proper candle wick trimmer as the best tool to use. As the candle burns it will recede further down the container and the wick will be harder to cut with a pair of scissors.
Soy and veggie wax candles have a "memory". Your first burn should last as long as it takes to get a full melt pool [up to 4 hrs], meaning the wax at the top has melted edge to edge. Do not expect a huge melt pool. This is evidence that your candle is burning longer, cleaner, with consistent fragrance release throughout its lifetime.
For ease of lighting, we recommend a long-nosed lighter, like one used to light a BBQ grill, or long match sticks. Extinguish your candle using a snuffer or wick dipper and cut the wick during burning time, to reduce soot and large flames.
"Mushrooming" or "blooming" of natural fibered (cotton, paper, hemp) wicks are normal. Keep your wicks trimmed at 1/4 or 1/8 inch to avoid large flames and sooting. NEVER put a lit candle in a drafty space, near flammable materials, drapery, in reach of children or pets or leave unattended. Placing your candles on flammable materials such as fabric, wood, plastic, etc., can result in burn marks on your furniture or even worse, a small fire. To avoid this, ALWAYS place your candles on a heat safe surface like a glass candle plate, pedestal or stone surface made to withstand high heat.
Wickless Wax Melts
Wickless wax is any wax that is used to release fragrance without a wick and flame. This type of wax can come in different sizes and shapes and is used with an electric wax melter, candle warmer or tea light warmer. For best results, we recommend a 20-24 watt electric warmer. We package our wickless wax using polypropylene zip bags to preserve freshness and prevent fragrance leeching. There is no need to change containers for the duration of time you keep your product.
To prevent fire and serious injury:
Remove packaging before use.
Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts.
Read and follow all instructions provided with your warmer before use.
Do NOT leave melter unattended while in use.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Instructions: Do NOT add water or other substances. Do NOT melt on stove top or other non-approved appliances. Use only in well ventilated areas away from flammable materials. Discontinue use if dish only contains 1/2" of wax. Wax clogs drains. ALWAYS empty cool, used wax in trash receptacle. Always protect your furniture while in use. Store at room temperature. Avoid storing in sunlight.
Shake well before each use. Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if causing any irritation. Store at room temperature. Avoid storing in sunlight.
Safe for use on skin. Test on inside of forearm for skin sensitivity and or allergies. Rub on your pulse points. Reapply to skin as often as needed. May or may not be safe for pregnant women. All crystals and stones are properly cleansed and recharged. Store at room temperature. Avoid storing in sunlight.